Intranets and Extranets – Data on Your Terms
Perhaps you’d like only a select few to access your organization’s internal site. Maybe you’d like to expand your circle of connections with access. Intranets and extranets are your own “private version” of the Internet, shared on a selective and secure basis.
An intranet harnesses the power of the Internet and its applications, and limits access solely to your business. The result - instantaneous, secure collaboration across your entire network in an easy-to-use, intuitive format. An Intranet offers several benefits, including:
- Collaboration – file share, communicate and manage projects across departments or locations.
- Sales Tools – create a wealth of information, marketing materials, and corporate PR in one, easy-to-access area for your entire sales team.
- Cost-saving Measures – eliminate the time and expense of maintaining physical documents or forms by allowing users to view/access/update this material electronically.
- Corporate Culture – bolster communication internally and creative thinking among your group.
An extranet takes the same, secure web-based functionality of an intranet, and allows you to open and share specific portals or capabilities to your “outside” connections, such as vendors, strategic partners, customers or suppliers. Not accessible to the outside public, you control the flow of information across networks.
Mercury New Media has extensive experience in the development of both intranets and extranets. When added to your site’s capabilities, we help enable internal and external collaborators to access to the information they need, when they need it.
Fast Facts: Bekaert Specialty Films Extranet
- Portal site for collaboration and file sharing among worldwide marketing personnel
- Secure file repository allows staff to exchange files within their department, with other global company locations and with vendors
- Reduced time searching through material, faster and easier distribution and a broadened communication platform has unified global marketing teams
Click to learn more >>